"No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any educational program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972
The specific purpose of the Northwest Association of Title IX Administrators is to eliminate barriers to education caused by incidents of sex-based or gender-based discrimination, harassment, or violence. We will realize this purpose by educating and providing opportunities for education for those in the states of Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon and Washington who administer and have oversight over Title IX policy at their institution, within their school district, or at the state level. We intend to lead the nation in providing an access point for information and resources for our regional membership and look to model a cooperative partnership between K-12 and higher education entities to ensure fair, safe, and equity educational environments at all levels of education in our region.
What We've Achieved
Things we are still working on
- Established 501c3 status for this association.
- Outlined a mission and bylaws to govern our work.
- Appointed a Board of Directors.
- Started the planning process for our Inaugural Conference in the Fall of 2015
- Promoting our organization throughout the region.
- Creating a platform for disseminating information through webinars and other online delivery.
- Identifying key stakeholders such as district superintendents and college presidents.